It’s been a great weekend.
1. Saturday morning started wtih a Friends of Scouting fundraiser. I had a couple Boy Scouts with me and we went door to door collecting money. Our goal (as a Scout troop) was $1200 and we met that in really only a few hours’ worth of time.
2. Saturday afternoon I coached / cheered on the young men at their flag football game. Our boys are 3-0 and won 82-59. It was a good old fashioned WAC shoot-out. After the game, Jen and I re-arranged our living room. It’s good to do that every once in a while.
3. Saturday late afternoon Jen and I went up to PCMC to visit my brother. He’s in the tail end of a three week stay where he’s had a ton going on. My poor parents are sick of that hospital and having to stay up there, eat the food, sleep on their chair-beds, and generally being away from home. We took my Mom, the parent up there for the weekend, some real-world food — Wendy’s!
4. Sunday morning we went to Jen’s brother’s ward to participate in a baby blessing. It was fun to see everyone. The best part is that since they live so close, their church building is about half a mile away and we weren’t in a rush.
5. Besides BYC, I had no other out-of-the-standard-block meetings on Sunday. We spent a very lazy Sunday afternoon just hanging out at home together. Once the kids went to bed, Jen and I watched the end of the Colts-Titans game.
6. Monday was a federal holiday so I got to spend another day at home. It was mostly filled with home projects, honey-do lists, another room rearranging (our bedroom this time), and then a family visit to Gardner Village. We go there every year when they pull the witches out. It’s a great place to walk around, window shop (because the shops are pricey!), and buy a few treats from the Naborhood Bakery. The girls love to see the witches. My favorite, of course, is the witch sitting in the outhouse named Witchy-Poo.